BCC Tax & Legal Newsletter 2018 #4
Dear Friend of the Chamber,
The objectives of the British Chamber of Commerce for Luxembourg are to follow and influence developments in the economic and business world in Luxembourg affecting members’ interests, and so contribute to making Luxembourg an attractive place to do business. The Tax and Legal groups of the BCC address key issues in their sectors to corporate and individual members through a number of events, and seek to raise awareness and influence decision makers as to the issues of concern to the BCC membership.
The purpose of the BCC Tax and Legal Newsletters is to provide additional regular bimonthly updates of key Tax and Legal developments in Luxembourg that may be relevant to your business. The present newsletters issued by member firms of the Tax and Legal groups cover the period from July-August 2018. If you deem that another person within your organisation should receive this email, please let us know. If you wish to unsubscribe please contact the BCC Secretariat by email to info [at] bcc [dot] lu.
Allen & Overy:
- The new law of 1 August 2018 clarifies data protection in Luxembourg
- Implementation of the EU Insurance Distribution Directive and reshaping of the protection mechanism for insurance claims under Luxembourg insurance legislation
- Latest developments on the implementation in Luxembourg of the provisions of the fourth AML directive pertaining to the registers of ultimate beneficial owners
- Luxembourg implements PSD 2
- LUXEMBOURG LEGAL UPDATE – July 2018
- Luxembourg Goes 'Green' - Introduction of a New Luxembourg Renewable Energy Covered Bond Regime
- Enforcement of the European Account Preservation Order in Luxembourg
- New regulation on money market funds
- Adoption of the Luxembourg law on data protection
- Sales area of more than 400 sqm: the law of July 18, 2018 abolishes the “large sales area” authorisation
- GDPR in Luxembourg: More power to data subjects
Draft law ratifying the MLI released:
Tax circular-letter on virtual currencies:
- Atoz: Publication of the law implementing the VAT group in Luxembourg
- KPMG: VAT group regime legislation: Guidelines in a blink
Please note: External links are selected when the BCC newsletter is sent. However, the BCC is not responsible for the content of external websites. The inclusion of a link to an external website by the BCC should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners, products or services.