STEP Benelux Private Client Morning
Private wealth has a material impact on the world in which we live. It fuels the global economy. It funds innovation. It furthers charitable endeavours.
Wealth holders' primary concern is to build a legacy and see it preserved, protected and passed on, navigating the uncertainties of market conditions. For many, it is also important that their legacies leave a lasting impact, complementing the transfer of material wealth with the achievement of family, social and environmental objectives.
And as the New Year starts, uncertainty is everywhere with sustained geo-political instability impacting the markets: including a Brexit deal still to be agreed; riots in France; changes to the leadership of Belgium and Sweden; and Eurosceptic governments in Italy and Austria, to name just a few.
Global economic indicators suggest there will be no let-up on the short term. In the long term, low interest rates, debt levels, a global shift in generations and the weight of technology bring in further question and concern.
This event will focus on what wealth holders should consider today to be able to build tomorrow's legacies.
Agenda & Speakers
• 08:30 - 09:00 Welcome coffee & registration
• 09:00 - 09:10 Welcome speech by Paolo Panico, TEP, Chair of STEP Europe
• 09:10-09:30 Maurice Bauer, Secretary General - Luxembourg Stock Exchange (TBC) o Market commentary o Rise of impact investing
• 9:30 - 10:00 Matthew Fleming, Partner - Head of Family Governance & Succession - Stonehage Fleming o The 4 pillars of family wealth
• 10:00 - 10:20 Tonika Hirdman, Director General - Fondation de Luxembourg o Leaving a footprint through a philanthropic foundation
• 10:20 - 10:40 coffee break
• 10:40 - 11:10 Simon Gorbutt, TEP, Director - Lombard International Assurance o Building and protecting legacy through insurance
• 11:10 - 11:50 Panel discussion with all speakers and moderated by Paolo Panico
• 11:50 - 12:00 Conclusion by Louise Benjamin, TEP, Chair of STEP BeNeLux
• 12:15 - 13:30 Lunch & networking