The British Chamber of Commerce for Luxembourg in partnership with the BCC UK are pleased to invite our members to a BCC Live Panel event delivered in partnership with Drax: "Leading the way to COP26 – The UK’s journey to Net Zero" on Monday 17 May from 15:00 - 16:00 CET.
The British Chambers of Commerce latest survey on the Net Zero economy*, conducted in partnership with Drax, showed that 38% of respondents said they fully understand the term net-zero and the implications for their business while 21% did not. Amid unprecedented challenges in the past twelve months, one-third of firms do not consider net zero to be a priority, and more than two-thirds have either never heard of COP or know the name only. However, the appetite to become net-zero is very high, with 88% saying they are actively taking at least one measure to reduce carbon emissions.
Leading the way to COP26 – The UK’s journey to Net Zero, a panel event delivered in partnership with Drax, will enable participants to:
• Gain a deeper understanding of the term Net Zero and the impact it will have on their business.
• Understand more about Cop26, what it means for their business and how they can get involved.
• Hear a real-life case study from Drax, with their vision to be carbon negative by 2030, including the changes they’ve made and the hurdles they’ve faced.
• Take away actions to bring them closer to realising their net-zero ambitions and/or targets.
Claire Walker, Co-Executive Director at the British Chambers of Commerce will be joined by:
• Will Gardiner, CEO, Drax Group
• Chris Stark, Chief Executive, The Climate Change Committee
• James Heath, Chief Executive, The National Infrastructure Commission
• Eliot Whittington, Director of Policy, The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group
• Claire Perry O'Neill, Managing Director, Climate & Energy, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
*Conducted in August 2020
You can find more information and registration details HERE