Please spread the word. We would like to continue the debate about “Who do you think you are?” on social media. Please tweet, re-tweet, comment… by using the #WDYTYA_LU HashTag. And read more on our special event BLOG
The event will cover how we as individuals and companies manage our online profiles - Linkedin, Facebook etc - both on an on-going basis and specifically when it comes to recruiting and job-seeking.
Preceding the event two surveys are being carried out on behalf of the British Chamber. The first will try to analyse the maturity of social media use among businesses, the second will check expectations among individuals when they connect online. The result of these surveys will be presented at the event.
The programme will be as follows:
- Carlo Kissen, CEO, Quest. Presentation of survey results
- Pierre-Olivier Rotheval, Digital Marketing Manager, BIL. How one of Luxembourg’s major banks uses social media for branding and recruitment
- Beatriz Baena Jiménez, Head of Marketing, Deloitte and Delphine Berlemont, Head of HR, Deloitte. Tracking social media profiles for recruitment
- Dan Croghan, Miami University Dolibois European Center in Luxembourg (MUDEC). Managing of social media profiles by students for job seeking and on an on-going basis
- Panel discussion: company/ employer representatives and students/ job seekers
- Q & A session
Knowing that whoever engages in promotion tries to influence their target groups by depicting a specific attractive image, we can wonder how far social media profiles are true reflections of the underlying personality. You will always try to describe 'who you think you are', or 'who you would like to be'. Both on the demand and the supply side. So what is the true value of what is being said online and what intrinsic dynamics can be highlighted? The event will try to put the discussion of social media use for personal and employer branding into a perspective relevant for the Luxembourg market.
- What platforms are used to create dialogue?
- What do people or institutions say about themselves?
- What is the difference between personal and employer branding?
- How far are profiles biased or influenced by promotional objectives?
- How far can you trust what is being said?
- Is there a way to 'read' social media profiles?
- How can you manage social media data?
The evening is generously sponsored by Banque Internationale à Luxembourg.
The evening will begin at 18:30 with registration. The discussion will be followed by a Q & A session with the audience. To close the evening a buffet dinner will be served and, as always the opportunity to meet and discuss with your fellow Chamber Members. The evening should end around 22:00.
Please complete the registration form below to confirm your reservation or contact the Chamber Secretariat by e-mail: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY 12th APRIL 2013.
The cost of attending this event is: Sustaining Members, €30; Business Members, €35 and Non-Members, €50.
Please note that cancellations must be received in writing no later than noon Monday 15th April 2013.
WHERE NO WRITTEN CANCELLATION IS RECEIVED WE WILL HAVE TO INVOICE FOR THE COST OF THE EVENT.